What to Expect
Ventura Tattoos is the premier Tattoo and Piercing Studio in Ventura County. Here are some good things to know before you visit:
- Safety is our top priority. We use medical-grade aseptic technique to keep our studio infection-free. We sanitize our equipment with a Statim2000—a medical grade steam autoclave—as found in many dental offices.
- We have several artists and all are proficient in a variety of tattoo styles. If someone's portfolio doesn't interest you, see what our other artists have to offer.
- In accordance with California Law:
- Tattoos - We can not tattoo anyone under 18—even accompanied by an adult or parent. Please bring your ID showing you’re over 18.
- Piercings - We will not pierce unaccompanied minors. Minors will need to have a parent or legal guardian present with valid identification from both parties. Last names must match; if they do not, a birth certificate is required.
- As artists, we reserve the right to refuse service for any reason. If we don’t think an idea will turn out well, we won’t do it. We will not do tattoos or piercings that we won’t feel proud adding to our portfolio.
- Our artists put all of their effort and energy into their work. Tips are greatly appreciated. Industry Standard is a 15% gratuity.
- We are happy to take walk-ins when we have time. If you’d like to set an appointment, please call: 805-643-3600
The Tattoo Process:
Ventura Tattoos accepts walk-ins. For large or complex tattoos, we recommend scheduling a consultation in advance to ensure that we have time to create the artwork to your specifications and complete it to our standards.
For the best results, send us your artwork ahead of time so that we can show you exactly how we plan to implement it. We work closely with you to put your idea on paper, then on your skin! At Ventura Tattoos, you’ll never be surprised when you see your final product.
Tattooing is a long process. Be sure you hydrate and eat before your appointment so that you do not become faint.
The Piercing Process
We are the only Ventura County supplier of ASTM certified implant grade jewelry. This is medical-grade and safe for procedures such as MRI's.
The majority of our jewelry companies offer a guarantee on their stone settings. If there are any other manufacturing defects, we will replace the jewelry free of cost.
Our titanium jewelry is great for those with nickel allergies, or those who may be unaware of their metal allergies.
We take the quality of our jewelry seriously. You’re putting items into your body and bloodstream, and you should be aware of what materials are present.