What to Expect
Ventura Tattoos is the premier Tattoo and Piercing Studio in Ventura County. Here are some good things to know before you visit:
- Safety is our top priority. We use medical-grade aseptic technique to keep our studio infection-free. We sanitize our equipment with a Statim2000—a medical grade steam autoclave—as found in many dental offices.
- We have several artists and all are proficient in a variety of tattoo styles. If someone's portfolio doesn't interest you, see what our other artists have to offer.
- In accordance with California Law:
- Tattoos - We can not tattoo anyone under 18—even accompanied by an adult or parent. Please bring your ID showing you’re over 18.
- Piercings - We will not pierce unaccompanied minors. Minors will need to have a parent or legal guardian present with valid identification from both parties. Last names must match; if they do not, a birth certificate is required.
- As artists, we reserve the right to refuse service for any reason. If we don’t think an idea will turn out well, we won’t do it. We will not do tattoos or piercings that we won’t feel proud adding to our portfolio.
- Our artists put all of their effort and energy into their work. Tips are greatly appreciated. Industry Standard is a 15% gratuity.
- We are happy to take walk-ins when we have time. If you’d like to set an appointment, please call: 805-643-3600
The Tattoo Process:
Ventura Tattoos accepts walk-ins. For large or complex tattoos, we recommend scheduling a consultation in advance to ensure that we have time to create the artwork to your specifications and complete it to our standards.
For the best results, send us your artwork ahead of time so that we can show you exactly how we plan to implement it. We work closely with you to put your idea on paper, then on your skin! At Ventura Tattoos, you’ll never be surprised when you see your final product.
Tattooing is a long process. Be sure you hydrate and eat before your appointment so that you do not become faint.
The Piercing Process
We are the only Ventura County supplier of ASTM certified implant grade jewelry. This is medical-grade and safe for procedures such as MRI's.
The majority of our jewelry companies offer a guarantee on their stone settings. If there are any other manufacturing defects, we will replace the jewelry free of cost.
Our titanium jewelry is great for those with nickel allergies, or those who may be unaware of their metal allergies.
We take the quality of our jewelry seriously. You’re putting items into your body and bloodstream, and you should be aware of what materials are present.
1. Children and animals are not allowed in the procedure area. Please have them cared for ahead of time.
2. Have a solid meal before your appointment. It will help you maintain blood sugar and prevent lightheadednes or passing out. For longer appointments bring a snack or beverage.
3. Allow yourself more time than needed. Your appointment may run longer than expected. You never want to rush your artist.
4. Wear proper attire for the tattoo. It should be easily accessible to your tattoo artist with no obstruction. Your clothing may also get ink on it. Be hygienic and clean.
5. Do not come to your appointment intoxicated. It can cause health issues as well as difficulty in the tattoo.
6. Do not bring entire groups of people to your appointment. It can be extremely distracting to the artist. No more than 2 extra people are allowed.
7. There is very limited parking. Please do not park in the salon parking lot.
8. Be mindful of your surroundings. Do not tough or place personal belongings in the procedure area.
9. Cash is always preferred. Paypal is accepted with a 1% fee.
1. All consultations are free.
2. Deposits are required in order to save a date ahead of time.
3. If you need to reschedule or cancel, a 24 hour notice is needed. Failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of your deposit.
1. Art fees are non-refundable. It pays for the artists time used to create your drawing.
2. Art fees are determined by the amount of drawing needed to make your design. If it is a simple image it may not require one.
3. Changes to your design are totally acceptable. However no major changes are allowed the day of. Or you may be subject to rescheduling and a new art fee may be required. In order to respect others appointment times, only minor adjustments and removals will be allowed during your procedure time.